[3830] KsQP K0K(N0UTK/WY0A) Mobile SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bporter54@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP K0K(N0UTK/WY0A) Mobile SSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:03:44 -0700
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: K0K
Operator(s): N0UTK/WY0A
Station: K0K

Class: Mobile SSB LP
QTH: 37 COUNTIES
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:
   40:           84
   20:          977
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     1061     0  Mults = 48  Total Score = 101,956

Club:

Comments:

The total score reflects each phone QSO (1061) being worth 2 pts (2122)
multiplied by the number of multipliers (48) for a total of 101856 pts plus 100
bonus points for contact with KSÃ?KS for a grand total of 101956 pts.

We had a great time running counties and had planned on putting out 38 total
counties.  To do this, we traveled on lots of dirt roads and tried to stay as
close to county lines as possible when heading west.  Once we got to the last
counties next to Colorado, we went up a few counties and then started back
east.

We got off the beaten path a few times, most notably in Stevens county when we
ended up on a lot of roads with fences that had openings in them with a sign
that read (open range).  We ended up way down by Ashland and decided to fill up
with gas.  Talk about a slow running gas pump, it took almost 15 minutes to fill
up our tank...more wasted time....;)  Another time we were in Wichita county on
a back road that showed going through on our DeLorme map; however, this road
ended up in a some kind of field and we had to back track a few miles.  While
attempting to turn around, we must have poked something in one of our back
tires because we didn't get far before we realized we blew out a tire.  It took
us a while to get the spare out from under the truck bed since the lowering
mechanism kept jamming up.. With a little persistence a few choice words we
were finally on the road again...more wasted time....  Note to anyone in that
part of Kansas..take lots of insect repellant, the flies were terrible...;)
With all that said, we had to cut one of the counties we had planned to run
(Hodgeman) off our list do to time constraints...

We had several stations that followed us around through the counties, some of
the more notable ones were:  N6MU - 30 counties, VE3KZ - 26 counties, N8II - 22
counties.  In all, we had 20 stations that contacted us in at least 10
counties.

Definitely looking forward to next year!!!