[3830] NA Sprint CW W7YAQ QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W7YAQ QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:27:49 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Sisters OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   30    0:55
   40:   50    1:10
   20:   70    1:55
---------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Dick K4XU/N7XU asked me at the local club meeting if I was going to operate
Sprint.  He looked pretty surprised when I said: Not if I can help it!  My last
Sprint entry was in 1999, and before that 1993.  Now I am an active contester,
but obviously Sprint is low on my list.  I apparently find other fun things to
do for 4 hours with my clothes on.

Well, I was drawn in when I read the NCJ Sprint Survival Guide, listened to a
few sample exchanges, reread the rules, and looked at the records and saw there
had never been a CW QRP entry from Oregon.

The rust showed, but had enough fun that I might do it again in a few years.

73,
Bob W7YAQ