[3830] WAE SSB LX7I(LX2A) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB LX7I(LX2A) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 04:28:15 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:  156   137    43
   40:  272   322    64
   20: 1036   599    94
   15:  230   330    71
   10:   15     0    13
-------------------------
Total: 1709  1388   720  Total Score = 2,222,640

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

After nearly 2 years of working on the new antennas and new setup, I finally
made again a serious effort as SO.
The setup performed very well and I am very surprised about the result.
The first day was a real struggle, but the pile-ups to USA on Sunday with all
these number 01s were really nice. On Sunday due to thunderstroms I had to make
more breaks and was not able to work the full 36 hours.
Congaratulations to ES5TV OE1EMS DL1MBG 9A6XX who made it realy intersting for
me to compete. As I am still a young contest with 30 :) I have to learn a lot.

(make more QTCs. improve SO2R skills and .....).

The antenna setup was :
80M : 2el and 4_Square (but nearly not used)
40M : 4el and 2el
20M : 5el and 4el and 3el fix to south
15M : 5el and 4el and 3el fix to south
10M : 5/5/5el and 6el and 3el fix to south  (Big setup for only 15 QSOs :)
No beverages this time

To work the multipliers was sometimes very hard and OE1EMS and ES5TV and some
other M/S were always stronger. !!!

I have a lot of plans to improve the antennas next year on 15M and 20M. The 4el
beams for 15M and 20M will be removed and on 15M I will have a Stack of 6/6 and
1 more 6el. On 20M we will add a stack of 5/5el to the existting 5el.
Hopefully the bad weather at the contest location will not add some more repair
projects.

thanks for working me in the contes, my homepage www.lx2a.com will soon also be
updated with new pictures and informations,

Please look for us again the CQWW contests,

73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I / LX9DX
www.lx2a.com