[3830] WAE SSB PR2B(@PY2DM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thomascarl@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB PR2B(@PY2DM) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:10:43 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: PR2B
Operator(s): PY2BK, PY2LSM, PY2ZXU
Station: PY2DM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Biritiba Ussu
Operating Time (hrs): 38

   80:   25     0    16
   40:  301   258    40
   20:  421   387    39
   15:  588   713    44
   10:   67    30    21
-------------------------
Total: 1402  1388   392  Total Score = 1,092,896

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Thanks again to Mamiro, PY2DM for letting us use his facilities!!! The fire that
was on the premises did fotunately not pass the area where houses and towers are
located, only the USA Beverage was affected (from our point of veiw), and that
one was not to be used for EU anyhow.
The terrible QRN in the beginning of the contest was unfortunately a big
setback. And the noise from the mains distribution network prevented us from
hear the weak signals.
We did our best and had fun together, some Murphys:
VIVO GSM is the only Operator with coverage at our area provides  some
semi-reliable Internet access and now with extended USB cable and "external"
antenna, the connection was only cut a few times, compared to previous long
outages.
CAT on the Multiplier station was dead, we had spent several hours previous day
trying to fix it. Mult Sts without Bandmap is quite worthless so after spending
some time on Set-ups and COM-porting, we found the cable faulty!!! Fixed it and
we had the Bandmap etc. working.
Thanks for all QSOs and impressing to hear the big activities and big stations
growing up here in Brazil!!!
CTU in Brasil and PY5EG and other's promotional activities seems to pay off.