[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:55:05 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29.8
Radios: SO2R

   80:  147   242       35      24    12
   40:  369   804       45      48    14
   20:  395   944       40      58    24
   15:  731  1987       33      64    19
   10:  571  1569       21      55    19
Total: 2213  5546      174     249    88  Total Score = 2,834,006

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow!  10 and 15 Meters was hopping on both days!  What a difference from the
SARTG contest a month ago where I couldn't make one QSO on 10 meters and they
were hard to come by on 15.

Highlight of the contest was being called by VU2KNS toward the end of the
contest, which is always a though path from here.

This score is a personal best for me and I do thank the good conditions and of
course all of you for allowing me to accomplish this score.

I did have a problem with my logging software where several times during the
contest I would get a 'Run Time Error 91'.  This of course caused the program
to terminate.  This invariably happened while I had a nice run going and I
apologize to those of you I had left hanging when this happened.  I did go
through and reload the full version of the program and the update that I had
used back during the CQ WPX contest.  I had no problem with it then so this
makes me think something has changed on my computer since that time.

I elected to not use packet this year as I have found that I couldn't break the
pileups that they would cause on semi-rare stations.  Somebody must have spotted
me on 20M toward the end of the contest as I had bedlam when I finally showed up
on that band after spending all day on 10 & 15M and started CQing.  Of course
this was one of the times that my logging program decided to hang.

It seems to me that I had more than the usual number of dupes when I was
running this year.  I logged them regardless as I know that sometimes people
forget to press the right key on their logging program.

But overall I had lots of fun and didn't lose too much sleep.  About 30 hours
is about all that I can do these days.

73, Sam W4PK