[3830] CQ WW RTTY NI7R SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ni7r@orbitelcom.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NI7R SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:59:08 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NI7R
Operator(s): NI7R
Station: NI7R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   15   17        6      3     3
   40:   74  134       28     17    12
   20:   76  119       28     16    13
   15:   99  175       32     25    14
   10:   47  109       11     20     7
Total:  311  554      105     81    49  Total Score = 130,190

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

RTTY is really a tough mode for a contest using HOA restricted antennas. All S&P
here, which made it twice as slow as CW for me. With limited antennas, I had
trouble copying the weaker stations and many could not copy me even running 500
watts. However, the opening to Europe on 10 meters this morning was nice,
especially since almost all of the Europeans copied my little signal on the
first call. A pleasant surprise. 15 meters turned out to be the best band
though. RTTY contest are fun, but not near as much fun as a good old CW
contest.

IC-736, AL-811H 500 watts
Portable Transworld TW20-10 for 10/15, and a portable screwdriver vertical with
a 12 foot whip sitting on top of an aluminum ladder hidden away in my courtyard
for 80/40/20/15.