[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3FIV SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3FIV SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:57:13 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CA CM88eu
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   28   38      14       5     4
   40:   54   96      25      12    18
   20:   23   56       6      12    13
   15:   61  126      21      15    21
   10:  125  266      21      15    20
Total:  291  582      76      59    87  Total Score = 129,204

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, I had forgotten what good conditions were like.  Couldn't do more than 15
hours spread out over the 2 days, and spent much of it on 10M.  I've never seen
so many signals on 10.  With lots of space, I even did some CQing, getting
answers from JA, ZL, and even a KH0.  It was fun to work a ZL followed almost
immediately by EU.  Even worked the African islands and Senegal.  Not bad for
100W and a dipole.

Then just after the contest when all the activity had disappeared, I saw a lone
USB signal on 10, and it was Gordon at T32C, with the advance party just setting
things up on the beach on Christmas Island, checking out how things were
working.  I spotted for him, and the pileup formed in seconds.  Should be a
good DXpedition.

Keep those sunspots comin' and see you next weekend in the CA Qso Party!

73,
/Jack de K3FIV
Point Arena, CA
Rig: Flex-3000, 100W
Ant: 135' Carolina Windom at 35', all bands