[3830] CQ WW RTTY KN5O SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KN5O SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:01:20 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.9

   80:
   40:  148   308       31      35    11
   20:  353   695       42      44    17
   15:  606  1418       44      59    23
   10:  443  1197       22      68    25
Total: 1550  3618      139     206    76  Total Score = 1,523,178

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Well, had planned a multi-op, but was not to be.  I don't like long single-op
contests - not enough stamina to go the distance.  But anyway, was having
dinner Friday when the foster daughter called crying her eyes out.. That was an
hour long plus phone call that took the wind out of my sails for doing anything
serious for this contest.

Saw 15m was hot Friday when I did get on, so I just decided to play.  When I
moved to 20M, it was awful for me, so I just went on to 40M. Quit 40M early
when I got tired and remembering the earlier phone call, just said the heck
with it.  So I never even got to 80M - zippo..

Got back on Saturday, on and off.  10M was really surprising.  Best I have ever
heard it in some time.  Stayed on 10M and then moved to 15M and then found 20M
just dead.. So went back to 10M and 15M, back and forth.  Quit Saturday evening
early when one of my 2x8 Matrix switches blew out 1/2 section.  Had to recable
and then said the heck with it - just was not going to be my weekend.  I got
back on Sunday for a while, on and off, while trying to watch the ball games.

I talked this morning with Don, AA5AU and got his thoughts on what was
happening with the bands our way.  Similar findings.  He was hoping I would do
well, but I was just not up for it.  I wished him well for another 1st place
finish.  Was not going to post my score, but after our conversation, what the
heck.. It is what it is.. In retrospec, I should have selected either 10M or
15M single band effort.

Congrats to all the winners.  Thanks to all for making it a busy contest.

73,
Ted
KN5O