[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7BTW(@N9ADG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7BTW(@N9ADG) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:28:42 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7BTW
Operator(s): K7BTW, N9ADG, K7EDX
Station: N9ADG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Preston, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  137   165       42     119    11
   40:  495   872       50      22    51
   20:  366   629       51      23    64
   15:  406   945       48      58    79
   10:  436   820       39      20    50
Total: 1840  3431      230     102   255  Total Score = 2,013,997

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This year the team of n9adg, k7edx, and k7btw moved back to the qth of
Brian's, located high in the jet stream above Preston, WA. The
equipment included Brian's SteppIR DB-36 and his SteppIR MonstIR and an
80 meter wire antenna. Thanks to SteppIR for the use of the tower
trailer which we used for the MonstIR.

We fought the usual computer problems, the heat (90's) in Brian's closet
ham shack, and high winds Sunday which kept making our 4 el yagi a 4 el
vertical. Fortunately, we planned for that and we were able to pull it
back to level.

Brian left for the Seahawks football game (messed up priorities), and
while he was gone, his Alpha 87 hard faulted off. It was lost for the
last 5 hours of the contest. We operated barefoot on the run station
for a while until we got the mult station amp switched over. When Brian
returned (he got rained out at halftime) he fired up the old Hillar,
n6hr, amp. That great old amp was used on the mult station for the
remainder of the contest. Major ventilation is a must for that closet
room for next time.

15 and 10 meters were fabulous. 20 was not quite as good. 40 was good
at night. Brian worked a VU2 and Dick worked the OJ0 when operating
barefoot. We all had a great time and each year there seems to be a
positive correlation between the number of 807's consumed and the final
score.