[3830] CaQP OQ5M(ON5ZO) M/SFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on5zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP OQ5M(ON5ZO) M/SFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:00:51 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: OQ5M
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:    0      0
   40:    4      0
   20:   28      5
   15:   50     32
   10:   13      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   95     37  Mults = 39  Total Score = 13,806

Club:

Comments:

Had fun last year so I put this one on the calendar again.
Score and numbers way down compared to 2010 with even more time spent.

Propagation only so-so from here to CA. East Coast and Central US stations were
loud on all bands. It's the last stretch that was too long.

On Saturday only 15m seemed to work. Glad I decided to try 10m on my Sunday
evening: despite high A value I managed to work a dozen light signals. Then 15m
opened up 'long' for another batch of SSB QSO and then finally some decent but
noisy signals on 20m - but not too much on SSB. Every CA I heard on 40m had a
muddy signal. I answered one on SSB but he kept slapping CQ's in my face.
Bummer.

132 DX QSO without launching a single CQ - for a 'running type op' this sure is
an achievement. I used the cluster but I think 80% of the contacts was made by
just going up 'n down the bands. It's always fun to discover a signal from the
West Coast, no matter what band.

73 de Franki ON5ZO = OQ5M
http://www.on5zo.be/