[3830] CaQP K6NV M/MCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6NV M/MCntyExp LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:06:20 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: M/MCntyExp LP
QTH: Sierra County
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:   56    188
   40:  136    195
   20:  194     83
   15:  215    177
   10:   27     10
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

"Submitted by Jim W6EU:

At one of the Friday, coffee-gatherings in Truckee, NCCC emissary Jack, KF6T
visited from Auburn to state that the bean counters in CQP Headquarters were
worried about the lack of station signups for Sierra County this year.
"Nobody has signed the CQP web county-list for Sierra.", said Jack as he
stuffed a muffin into his mouth.  "It may mean only 57 counties will show up
this year for CQP."
K6NV, Bob, stepped up, set his bowl of granola and Geritol down and said he'd
be glad to lead a Sierra county expedition to our favorite Stampede Reservoir
campsite.  The same one we used for Field Day this year.  "Low-tech", he said.
After much gnashing, flogging and pleading, Bob was able to gather up enough
warm bodies and gear to stage a fun, Fall event.  Using his RV, a borrowed K3
and P3 from N6XI (thanks Rick!), a borrowed MP from K6ST (thanks Barry) and a
C3 from KU6J (thanks Eric), a 2el 40M wire yagi from WX6V (thanks Jim), a 80m
receive loop from N7OM (thanks John), the Sierra Chapter of the NCCC was able
to mount a successful, 'low-tech' effort.  And a big thanks to K6NV YL, Lois
for the great, hot, delivered enchilada dinner with all the trimmings Saturday
night!  She did the same for Field Day. YL of the Year, up here, for sure.
Our score reflects that our tribander was too low (the deer and dogs kept
running into it!)...but the 2EL 40M wire yagi screamed on 40M and 15M and the
high, 80M dipole was good also, a Sunday addition was a 20m dipole up 60' + a
little that performed very well.

The Sierra County Expedition Team consisted of a handful of experienced ops and
a handful of rookies.  The less experienced ops had a good time getting their
feet wet behind the mic.  And we had plenty of dogs!  In fact, there were more
dogs than CW ops!

Got to train those hounds to copy the code.

OPS:

K6NV + Lois
K6ST (+ dog)
K7MS (+ dog)
KU6J
WB6CZG
AE6WT (+2 dogs)
N6MED
KI6PKT
W6EU + KB6LMA (+ dog)

We'll be back next year for another try, maybe this time with some firepower
and higher antennas.

Jim W6EU
Sierra Chapter, NCCC scribe "