[3830] Oceania CW N6RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW N6RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 02:27:02 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     3
   80:    8     7
   40:   42    20
   20:   30    16
   15:   46    21
   10:   50    25
-------------------
Total:  179    92  Total Score = 54,924

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Glad to see many long-time contest friends in OC.  Thanks to 10m, I had a
personal best QSO total.  But the down-side was drastic lack of activity on
80/160m (low mults and QSO points), so my score was down 23% from last year.
I guess we can't have it all!!

20m closed early Sat nite to W6, before many active OC stations got there.
Condx on 15/10m too good to EU. CQing on low bands in the last hour netted me
ONE QSO, on 40m.

Two six-banders: ZM1A and T32C.
N1MM did not recognize ZL50 for points nor mult.

Too many OC stations refusing to acknowledge their 'national/regional' contest.
 The expedition stations were no problem, but many others said 'not in contest'.
 If they acknowledged me with a 599, I just entered #1!!!! Log checkers can do
what they want with that.

This is an activity-limited contest from outside OC, but I still find it fun. I
get my rate satisfaction on Thursday night NCCC sprints!  [12 Q/hour in OC, vs.
110/hr in NS]