[3830] JARTS W0LSD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, diverken@chaffee.net
Subject: [3830] JARTS W0LSD Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:23:28 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 38

   80:   64   128    15
   40:  302   753    64
   20:  392  1012    73
   15:  529  1424    91
   10:  430  1192    81
-------------------------
Total: 1717  4509   324  Total Score = 1,460,916

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

My first ever full effort in JARTS. This was to be a trial of my new SO3R set
up.. but sometimes you have great ideas with bad assumptions! I set up a
separate 10 meter station (old 756 pro, Drake L4B literally rescued on the way
to the dump and 3 element yagi at 30 feet) over the last year and have it
linked with the other 2 rigs..thought was to pick up "a few mults" on 10 when
normally we would only hear 10-20 stations on 10 TE during an entire contest.
Well..my assumption that 10 wasn't coming back was totally wrong and 10 meters
was the run station most of the time.. Great participation from JA hams..
reminded me of the late 80s when hundreds of JAs were worked from CO. every
contest. Did everybody burn out on high bands and skip 80? Not much there.
Rough start due to computer glitches and lost most of first 90 minutes. Always
love seeing the age of the guys you work all the time.. we are getting a bit
long in the tooth asren't we? Looking forward to AA5AU's report on average
age.
Thanks for the Q's.