[3830] TBDC AB1OD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC AB1OD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:19:24 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: AB1OD
Operator(s): AB1OD
Station: AB1OD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN31
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 31  Total Score = 81

Club:

Comments:

Not a serious effort, just some S&P to see how well I could make contacts.
Would have played a bit more, but I have a couple of early mornings in the week
ahead, and I didn't want to throw my sleep patterns too out of wack this
weekend.

My inverted L went up over the summer and I had been waiting for better
conditions to see how it would fare.

As suspected, for top band it seems to do OK out about 1000km

Will be watching the commentary in the digested results and asking a few
questions to get a feel for much better I ought to be able to do, given what I
have to work with (semi-wooded property, longest property line 250' long, no
amp).  Need to decide whether to try to eke out more efficiency on my L, fight
to get a dipole through the trees, try something else, or leave well enough
alone.

Bah -- too many things that I want to try, and too little time to try them all.