[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 05:10:09 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 28

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      8
   40:  11      7
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  22     16  Total Score = 352

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 5W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  This QRP event was a good idea, but
would have been more fun with more participants and if the skip hadn't been so
long on 20 and 40M.  Nice to work QRPer W2SH, Chas in NJ, but I got his #1 and
also N8XX who was using the name "Duck" like the late K8DD did and was very QRV
on 80M.  Could work only CA on 20M.  40M was long and I could work only W1UJ and
W2SH east of W0BH.  W0BH was very strong at the time of our QSO, but then
dropped off to very weak as the skip zone passed him.  80M was quite good for
QRP and I worked everyone I could hear on 80M.  Didn't try 160M, but maybe that
was a mistake.  Doubt I could have worked anybody but N4DW there, and might not
have been able to get a QRP signal to Dave in TN.  Missed K7SS on 40, although
I did call Dan.  Thanks for all QSOs and for all those who made an effort at
QRP last night.  73/72, John, K4BAI.