[3830] CQWW SSB OZ1ADL SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jan@thogersen.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OZ1ADL SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:11:53 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OZ1ADL
Operator(s): OZ1ADL
Station: OZ1ADL

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Galten
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1881    40      161
------------------------------
Total: 1881    40      161  Total Score = 965,403

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Hip, hip, hooray - The sunspots are now officially back !

What an amazing CQWW Week-end !

K3ZJ, Dave, was visiting and did 15 m Single op/low band as OZ5E, while I was
doing SOSB on 15 with high power - and did we have fun.....

I had an optimistic goal of app. 1500 QSOs, 150 Mults and ...maybe 40 zones...

The first day was wild - I made 39 zones on the first day alone -and it did not
even take me a whole day - it was fantastic !  All the way around and lots and
lots of DX

Andrew, OZ1XJ, had been working hard so that Dave and I had some decent
stations to work with, but one of teh big ACOM amplifiers had a fault, so one
of us got to do low power - which did not limit us much under such great
conditions...

When I got up on sunday, I prayed that I would get KL7RA as the last zone (1) -
and I did !  - and much more   ...and what great runs to both Japan and USA and
handing out lots of multipliers to the local europeans

There are so many highlights from this week-end hat I can hardly describe it,
but one of the was when 3D2A were exasperated about working me as a new mult,
or when a KH6 station called me on the second day, just to tell me that I was
59, eventhoug we worked on the previous day - or when I thought that I could
get no more multipliers, and TX5A came out of nowhere - or when I thought that
now I could not possibly squeeze any more out of 10 m - and a wild US run
occurred, because I was posted on the cluster - again and again ....

What a great contest ! Dave did great as wll, and will probably post his own
results, but let me just say, that the previous Danish record for 15 LP is
being challenged...

We had lots o great conversation about the hobby inbetween operating. Dave is a
great guy and a very experienced contester.

I ended up with somewhat more than I had expected:

1881 QSOs, 40 Zones and no less than 161 DXCC countries - and I am sure I could
have made a few more if I had not been so busy running...

The sunspots are back ! Congratulations Everyone !!!!!

Greetings from the old chicken shack in Stjaer, Denmark

What a great hobby we have !
73 de OZ1ADL, Jan

http://www.thogersen.dk/Site_2/What_is_happening_at_OZ1ADL/Archive.html