[3830] CQWW SSB N8UM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8UM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:12:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26.0

  160:
   80:   76    15       39
   40:  147    24       60
   20:  288    22       74
   15:  363    29       93
   10:  334    24       83
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I spent the last 10 months adding 3 more 4 squares to my property and it really
paid off.  I now have 17 HF verticals in my back yard (no towers or dipoles).
The 40, 20 and 15 4 sqrs rock and the 10 meter array is so so (hard to get
single direction arrival signals with a wide open band on 10 meters).

Speaking of ten meters, how many things can you say "were the best in ten
years"?  The flux and A index say conditions were fair to good, but for most of
the weekend, they were outstanding here in East Tennessee.  Hard to believe the
conditions are expected to get better over the next 18 months.

I seemed to loose really good prop late Sunday afternoon.  I could no longer be
first thru third in line for Asia and Pacific stations.

I am a firm convert to SO Assisted.  Growing long in the tooth and needing
sleep make the use of the Internet and computer logging a perfect solution.

Working Fred, K3ZO, in Tailand reminded me how many times I have worked him in
the last 50 yrs long path from Tailand, Argentina, Equador, Singipore and other
places.  I think the only place I work him short path is from HI8 and on 6 and 2
meters...!