[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RL M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:43:14 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL,KL2A
Station: K7RL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 45.50

  160:   15     8        9
   80:  116    22       36
   40:  365    31       82
   20:  853    39      130
   15: 1281    37      136
   10:  671    35      116
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

What a blast!  Thank you to Jon, KL2A, for making the trek to Camano Island to
operate our second M/S CQ WW SSB contest.  It was a privilege to once again
share the operating duties with such a great op!

The high bands were outstanding; best conditions in many, many years.  10m and
15m were wide open and loaded with DX.  It was exciting to hear so many big
signals up and down the band, especially on 10m.

On the other hand, the low bands may have been slightly worse than last year.
40m and 80m were difficult at times and that made our night time operating
fairly slow.  80m seemed especially difficult.

The bottom line is our score should be a new W7 M/S record.  The current record
is held by NK7U at 4,743,804 points from 1999.  Given the great conditions, I
suspect many records will fall this weekend.

Thank you to all for the Qs.  Our log has been uploaded to LoTW.

73 de Mitch, K7RL