[3830] CQWW SSB ST2AR(S53R) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ST2AR(S53R) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:56:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ST2AR
Operator(s): S53R
Station: ST3AR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Khartoum
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Good fun! With family here I could not dedicate the whole 48 hours to the
contest, so I went for pileups - boy they were wild - and picking whatever I
could with the help of the cluster. NO fancy set-up, just a simple single-radio
arrangement here, so I found cluster of a very limited benefit. Most of the
mults were found anyway "skimming" the bands when looking for a running
frequency or changing bands. And when the spot comes up, its very frustrating
ti break through the EU wall, while nobody really bothers to turn the antenna
down towards Africa. There's a huuuge pond of juicy mults here guys, and you
miss them!

160&80 are marginal here for most of the time, but have not seen it like this.
Not a single signal heard on 160 the whole weekend!? Even 40 with a rotary
dipole at 24 meters which usually produces excellent signal, made me wonder if
I was transmitting anything at all, considering the effort needed to get
someones attention.

CU in CW, same arrangement/category.

73 Robert, ST2AR / S53R