[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@thompsonet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 05:09:29 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT, K9ZO, N7MB, KG9N
Station: K9CT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    9     4        4
   80:  151    17       54
   40:  345    29       89
   20:  296    38      110
   15:  491    39      118
   10: 1083    36      131
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The contest station is not done but I wanted to test out everything that has
been done so far. We decided to setup M/S with a temporary setup in the new
shack....that is not complete. They had just finished the electrical trim out
and painting last week. The builder put in a toilet and sink...just in time!

We setup two tables and manually ran cables to the antenna coax when we needed
a band change! Towers had to be rotated by going to the base and hooking them
up to a test jig.....they did not get rotated but two times a day. EU/JA! The
Steppir DB42 were the mult antennas and we had them hooked up to the rotator
controllers in the shack.

Station was two K3, two AS W4NQN filters, two Alpha 87A, microKeyer interface
to N1MM networked. Antennas....160m dipole, 80m vertical, OWA stacks on 40, 20,
15 and 10, two Steppir DB42. We started using only one station and built the
second as we had time. Networked on the fly.....

We found a few things to improve and repair...some of which were fixed on
Saturday. Most everything worked and just need to get it finished.

Thanks to Mike, N7MB; Ralph, K9ZO and Chuck, KG9N for operating. Eric, N9DOA
climbed the 40m stack and repaired a bad connection at 110 feet and also found
a bad pot on the upper ring rotator at 140' on Saturday.

This was a lot of fun and we all learned a lot about M/S operating. N1MM worked
very well with some old laptops cobbled together for this weekend.

We will take another shot at this on CW weekend and should have much more done
by then.

Thanks for the qsos. 73, Craig K9CT