[3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samuelsongus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:57:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2145    38      145
   10:
------------------------------

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

I Guess   it  goes with out  saying ......... The CQWW  is always  the  most
actively participated  dx contest ,   and conditions were  great ,
unfortunately  the only down side  for me was  the  fact that everybody was on
10   where  conditions  were great  so as a consequence CQing on   15   was  a
bit slow at times .  Started out  to work the test without  the cluster and in
fact did manage to  almost work the first day without  it  , however  S and P
mode  can be  slow and  does  in fact affect the  Q  rate .... as a Consequence
 I had only  about 800  qsos on day one , I Know  the  Old adage   if you're
not cqin  your losing , decided that on day 2  I would stay in the chair ....
better plan  hi !  worked  every ZONE I heard  but  never did hear zones 23 and
39  ..  mebbe  next time .

still re-arranging my antennas  so hastily put together a 4 element  yagi for
15  and mounted it on what used to be  my 10 meter  tower seemed to work OK
EVEN AT 40 FEET.

Set up:

Rig :   Elecraft K3
Amp :   Alpha 87a
Ant :   HB 4 ele at 40 feet
Log :   N1MM

My first contest with the  K3  even though I have had it for about 18 months
nice  rig  but seems to  me it's strengths  are in CW mode. Hope to be on for
CW part all bands.
Thanks for all the Qs .
C'Y'All  Next one
GLWCDR