[3830] CQWW SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu5dx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:50:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LP1H
Operator(s): LU5HM, LU2NI, LU3HY, LU1NDC, LU1DK, LU4DX, LU5DX, LW4EU, LW4HR,
LW5HR
Station: LU5HM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Córdoba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    4     3        4
   80:   57    13       17
   40:  617    34       91
   20: 1740    37      129
   15: 3458    37      147
   10: 4028    39      142
------------------------------

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Deep heart thanks to Ramon LU5HM, Ramuco LU7HE and Monica LU8HFO for hosting
this first time operation in the Multi Multi category fir this CQ WW DX SSB.

As usual, during CQ WW the QRN levels were in about 20 DB over S9 on the low
bands.
Signals were way too attenuated for the Bebvs in most cases.

Short but effective visit by Murphy. Power outage, led us to bee off the air
for about 40 mins and another 2 hours in Low Power.

Thanks to Ramon for adding a power generator to the station. We would have been
off the air for almost three hours otherwise.

Cooking was in charge of LU5HM, LU3HY and LU1NDC.

Other minor Murphy visits were solved by LU5HM and LU1DK, both of them who
climbed 100 ft towers to get things fixed. Both of them spent almost two hours
on top of the towers under strong sun shine and winds.

10 Was okay. 15 Was tough from 10 to 20 UTC. EU and NA guys were having fun
whilst we struggled to make some Qs.
20 was tough too. We made less Qs and mults than last year in M2!

40 M was tough too. But the new 40 M antenna helped overcome the band condx.
Thanks to Eze LU1FDU for helping modeling the stack.

80 M....same as usual, but a lot harder this time around.

160. Tough. But we managed to make a few Qs. Thanks to Edy LU2DKT for his
advice regarding the installation and fine tuning of the new vertical.

Longer Bevs would have helped take the most out of the short US opening
Saturday morning on 80 and 160. We'll figure out something to convice neighbors
about a few new wires going through their backyards during CQ WW tests :-)

Thank you all for giving us a call!

Vy 73.

LP1H

Ops(LU5HM, LU2NI, LU3HY, LU1DK, LU1NDC, LU4DX, LU5DX, LW4EU, LW4HR, LW5HR)