[3830] CQWW SSB KE3X SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KE3X SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 03:10:35 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:   10     3        3
   80:   10     5        4
   40:   54    13       32
   20:  175    19       67
   15:  195    22       72
   10:  182    16       57
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I finally got the Alpha 76A working which helped break through the pileups and
the new tribander helped on the high bands.   A much more enjoyable experience
running High Power on SSB, but low bands always a struggle from DC with only
wire antennas.

 Band conditions on 10-meters reminded me of 1977-1979 when I was in high
school.   I was not active for the last two solar cycle peaks so this
propagation is a relatively new experience.

 100% S&P as I did not hook up the DVK yet, but will definately do so before SS
Phone.  I was getting audio distortion into my Yamaha CM-500 headset boom mic on
80, 40 and 20, so had to use a hand mic - not sure why?   15 and 10 were fine
with the headset.

 This weekend's experience gives me hope I can operate ARRL DX Phone 2012 from
here and put the DC multiplier on the air.

 Nice to run into many European friends just seen in person at HST
Championships in Germany this month including DR1A, LZ9W, LZ5R, etc.

 Ken KE3X

 Station:
 2x FT1000MP
 Alpha 76A and 78