[3830] CQWW SSB W0UA(@K0RF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W0UA(@K0RF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 07:30:59 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25    11       15
   80:  137    22       51
   40:  390    28       73
   20:  371    35       89
   15:  597    32       95
   10: 1337    33      104
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Not the best operating job in this one.  Old age & sleep deprivation?  A couple
of obvious (in retrospect) band-management errors, especially on Sunday, hurt
the score.  Monday morning quarterbacking notwithstanding it was still exciting
& provided some nice surprises on all the bands.  Even 80 was open to EU with
good signals on Saturday night and to Asia Sunday AM.  40 and 15 were both
disappointing here--neither would produce QSO volume.  As the casual
post-reader has likely noticed, this one was all about 10 Meters.  Lots of
folks have waited a long time and our patience was finally and surely rewarded.
 And it was rich and strong both days.  800 Khz of smorgasboard!

A couple of notes:

40 Meter Phone: What an awful mess!  We were better off crossbanding

The number of Stateside stations calling seems to rise with every year.  There
are apparently lots of folks out there who don't understand how this contest
works

Loved that A5 on 15!

OK, thanks for the Q's, congrats to the big scorers and back to some refreshing
CW!