[3830] CQWW SSB K6GHA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K6GHA SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:41:09 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:   00    00       00
   80:   00    00       00
   40:    8     7        6
   20:   45    31       20
   15:  147    67       24
   10:  106    47       19
------------------------------
Total:  306   152       69  Total Score = 190,723

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had a great time working LP on 10, 15 and 20 meters. Found I was trying too
hard and spending a lot of time with S&P looking for the mults and leaving
contacts on the table. Hard lesson learned. Improved my rates Sunday morning
and double my score in 2/3 the time, and againâ?¦ run a frequency even on LP.
Tried setting up a new 40/80 dipole Thursday before the contest and things
measured out just fine. I was looking forward to using that time in the band to
add some needed contacts. But tuning was not working, left the troubleshooting
until Monday when I found that there was high SWR. Figure I have an open
somewhere and will try again next contest.
Overall great fun getting Greenland, Antarctica, and a few of the more
difficult DX stations.  Japan, China and Asiatic Russia helped out the numbers.
Found a few times where openings on the West Coast could break through the 04
wall, but it was thick!!  Even worked a few stations long path where I wasnâ??t
able to get them short path and broke the pileup. Interesting lesson to try
something different, in this case it paid off.
On to the next contest!