[3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:22:11 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 3464    37      134
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

15 meters turned on like a light switch to EU both mornings. Once the switch was
flipped, it shined bright and long. It was frustrating to hear Africa mults
working EU and not hearing me before the switch was turned on. I was surprised
by how few SA stations were on later in the day. I guess they were all on 10m.

With about 8 hours left in the contest, I realized there was no way I was going
to beat the VE 15m SOHP record, but I was right at the VE 15m SOHP(A) record, so
I turned on packet. I was disappointed it was only worth about 8 extra mults.
Since I was still running reasonably well, I didn't use it to boost the run.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT