[3830] CQWW SSB OG5B(OH5BM) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OG5B(OH5BM) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:11:30 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OG5B
Operator(s): OH5BM
Station: OH5BM

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: SIMPELE
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1916    40      163
------------------------------
Total: 1916    40      163  Total Score = 894,418

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Managed to raise another 10m widespaced 7 el antenna 14m boom to the other tower
45m up. That was worthwile addition to the old 8 el yagi on the other tower 25m
up. So two directions were changeable with flip of the switch.
Higher antenna was mostly better in spite of (too) low takeoff angle.
Win-test seems not to understand that IC-7700 has also B-vfo, so I was not able
to use "SO2V" system. It might be also that I did not find the instructions in
WT manual.
Previous Finnish record was almost doubled - thanks to good conditions on 10m.
Fortunately those were not "too good" and gave some sleep in the nighttime for
old bones.
Band was closed on both days around 17 UTC in spite I still had some tales to
tell to the USA/Caribbean direction.
Thanks for QSOs to all: QSL to the e-qsl or direct. I am in the process to get
the LOTW.
73 de Tapani, OH5BM, OG5B, AB0WK