[3830] CQWW SSB NH7A(N6TJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NH7A(N6TJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 19:46:18 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NH7A
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: KH6LC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HAWAII
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:    8     4        3
   80:   57    14       17
   40:  421    28       44
   20: 1154    33       86
   15: 1358    32       83
   10: 2147    33       84
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Great hospitality from dear friend Lloyd KH6LC. And thanks to dear friend Al
F5VHJ for the use of his NH7A callsign.
 Nice to see 10 alive again. At the age of 72, I am  contemplating this to be
my final sunspot max, with the not-so-nice notion that SFI's would be stuck in
the mid-70's for the duration.
  Best hour was the first, 300 QSO.  An exciting time on 10 on Sunday:  me
wondering why I had such a BIG state-side pileup.  Turns out someone spotted me
as NH9, Wake Island.  Ah, the WWOP (wunnerful world of packet).....
Last year I found a great location on Ascension Island for Marko, ZD8O (N5ZO),
but do you think he would find me and work me?  Nope.  Only Zone 36 for the
entire contest was when a D2 in Angola called me on 15 on Sunday.
Low bands were tough, especially Saturday night, and the elderly side of me
said: "good time to take a nap".  One always can hope they're still
competitive, but I fear my many CQ WW of 48-straight are in my rear view
mirror.  But, promising to find a place for CQ WW SSB next year.

Thanks to all who worked me, and to all who made this such a good weekend for
contesting.

   Jim, N6TJ