[3830] CQWW SSB JT1RF SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB JT1RF SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:03:35 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: JT1RF
Operator(s): JT1RF
Station: JT1RF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Ulaanbaatar
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:    3     3        3
   40:   72    11       16
   20:  190    24       45
   15:  751    32       72
   10: 1225    25       94
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Excellent conditions on 10 and 15m. Low bands were not that great due to poor
antennas on 40 and 80 and nothing on 160. Plans are in play to improve the low
band antennas for the CQ WW CW contest in Nov.

This was my first experience operating CQWW from Asia and thoroughly enjoyed
it. Lots of people looking for Zone 23 it seems! Had a phenomenal opening to
the West Coast on 10m on Saturday and at one point was hearing stations coast
to coast. The pileup was so large for a while I had to revert to taking calls
by call areas...something I'm not a big fan of but it did increase the rate.

I wasn't able to operate the entire contest due to other committments but had a
great time during the 22 hours I was on the air.

Equipment:
K3 and KPA500
Spiderbeam at 140' (roof of my apartment building)
HF9V at 140' (sadly in need of fine tuning)
In the works for Nov - Kelemen trap dipole for 160/80/40/30  in an inverted vee
configuration using a 26m Spiderbeam fibreglass mast on the roof of the
building. The apex should be roughly 200' above ground.

Looking  forward to operating in the CW contest in Nov. This will be a part
time operation with a late start on the first day but hope to operate the rest
of the contest and have my low band antenna situation upgraded by then.

Many thanks to all who worked me in the contest!

See you in the pileups.
Neil
JT1RF / VA7DX