[3830] SS CW K6RB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6rb@baymoon.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6RB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 14:16:14 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6RB
Operator(s): K6RB
Station: K6RB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   51
   40:   41
   20:  145
   15:  203
   10:  204
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was the most fun I've had in SS in a very, very long time. It certainly
helped that 10 and 15 meters were in glorious condition. But, now having a pair
of K3s and P3s, I understand how being able to "see" as well as hear can make a
huge difference. I could easily spot an open slot on any band and slip in there
within seconds. How cool is that? And, the K3s in their first SS were great. The
usual amount of adjacent channel signal crud was either gone or not bothersome.
We did have a big amount of rain static, last night, and it was something to
watch the noise floor on the P3s move up to S9. Now, I could see what was going
on. During the worst of it, I just took a break. I set my goals beforehand to
getting a sweep (preferably without spots) to amass 100K points. The only one I
needed to use spotting to snag was N4EEB/KP4 (who was consistenly erroneously
spotted as N4EED/KP4!). I was called early by VY1EI and VO1MP, so before
heading for bed, last night, I had 78 sections and was lacking only QC and PR.
Got called by a VE2 and used the spot to nail KP4.