[3830] SS CW N6WIN Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6win73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6WIN Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:54:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN, KQ6ES, N6RT
Station: N6WIN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   81
   40:  243
   20:  338
   15:  178
   10:  220
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first ever multi-single from my QTH. Doug, N6RT, and John, KQ6ES,
were willing to join me. Each operator committed to one day of operating and I
ran the mult position, interleaving QSOs between their work. Bill, W1HIJ, was
going to operate all of Sunday, but had last minute out of state family travels
and could not join us.

The preparation to make my single radio QTH into a small multi-single (really,
a modified SO2R setup) was something else. I had no clue how much time other
hams have put into their shacks to host the smallest of multi operations. I
have a new found respect for the time and resources that goes into these
operations. I want to acknowledge and thank my Elmer, Jay W2IJ, for all his
pre-contest support. He helped me prepare many cables, connectors, solder kits,
etc. Without this help I would not have been in full operational condition.

The W3NQN filters, from Array Solutions, really paid off for my QTH. I am using
a single tower and mast setup. My 20/15/10 is a F12 C31XR with interlaced
mono-banders. The running of legal limit into the antenna without stubs would
not have been without much more interference without the higher rated NQN's. I
had thought about saving money on the lesser rated band pass filters out there
and I am now glad that I did not. I have made an Excel spreadsheet showing the
interference level using this interlaced yagi and I am happy to share this data
with anyone whom may be interested.

John and Doug did a great job at logging the QSOs. I was very happy to have two
fellow SCCC members over to share the contest experience with. We had 79
sections by late Saturday night and I was able to find NL for our last section
around 1430Z Sunday morning (thank you VO1HP).

Doug and I ended the contest an hour early as we both had family and work
commitments after surpassing our collective goal of a clean sweep and 1,000
QSOs.

73, Tim / N6WIN.

Operating equipment:

Run Position:
Elecraft K3
Acom 2000A

Mult Position:
Elecraft K3
Alpha 78

LM354HD 54' Tower
Force 12 C31XR
Cushcraft XM240
80m inverted-v
N1MM latest version

Antennas and W3NQN band pass filters selected automatically by Top Ten band
decoders. Array Solutions Sixpack at base of the tower feeding each band with
individual feed lines.