[3830] SS CW N6HC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6hc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6HC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:39:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:    0
   80:   37
   40:  218
   20:  232
   15:  251
   10:  143
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Although I haven't been participating in many contests recently, I couldn't
resist participating in the annual CW Sweepstakes brawl.  I wish that I could
have put in a full effort but Sunday (November 6) was my birthday.  The phone
rang intermittently on both Saturday and Sunday with well wishers
congratulating me on my good fortune surviving another tumultuous year. Usually
the phone is ringing because the neighbors are complaining about RFI but nary a
call was received from the usual suspects.  My wife an I enjoyed an intimate
birthday party complete with cake, ice cream and candles on Sunday afternoon.
All in all, I'm sure I lost 5 hours of contesting preventing me from breaking
the 1K QSO total. Fortunately, I managed to find the necessary multipliers to
achieve a complete sweep.  I operated with N1MM logger in assisted mode and I
enjoyed watching the activity around me and on other bands.  I don't think the
use of telnet changed my strategy significantly and only helped in snagging one
or two of those rare multiplier stations. At least Murphy was on vacation for
the weekend; the station played without a single hiccup. Congratulations to Bob
(AA6PW - SOLP), Kurt (W6PH - SOHP) and Tim (N6WIN - MultiOp) for fantastic
signals and bodacious final scores from the Orange section.
73 de Arnie N6HC