[3830] SS CW N7WA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7WA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:38:10 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   79
   40:  186
   20:  316
   15:  266
   10:   90
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

CW Sweepstakes was the first full effort following a year-long station move from
the spare bedroom to a dedicated location in a remodeled garage. This includes a
new operating desk that supports standing more than sitting. I'm happy to say I
didn't spend most of the 24 hours sitting in a chair and that operating while
standing (SO2R even) is a nice change of pace.

That said, my performance on the air did not meet my expectations for this
year.
I had hoped that this would be the year I finally broke through the 1000 Q
barrier but I again crashed on that rocky shore. It was looking good in the
first few hours (after a lousy first hour). In fact, just an average of 4 more
Q's an hour would have done it. Can't blame anybody but myself as W7WA managed
to do it plus find the one elusive section I missed - NL. Hats off to Dan!
(I'll be over to cut his coax before next year.)

SO2R was a non-issue with exactly 10% of the Q's coming off the old
TS940. Probably time to retire that thing, get a newer rig, and move the
FT1000MP to second fiddle as the phase noise from the venerable 940 is just
getting too irritating. I'm amazed at how terrifying SO2R was I first started
and now it's almost second nature. Because of the long exchange, SS is perfect
for SO2R. I still manage to screw up - it just doesn't bother me so much.

It was fun working you all.
Looking forward to CQWW.