[3830] SS CW W6YX School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W6YX School Club HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:29:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): KB0VVT, KZ2V, N7MH, NF1R
Station: W6YX

Class: School Club HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  163
   40:  234
   20:  398
   15:  380
   10:  210
------------

Club:

Comments:

Mike, N7MH, set up a multioperator station that kept two main HF stations
operating with alternating CQs, along with a third station to pick up cluster
spots.

Two recently arrived operators from our East Coast rivals contributed to this
yearâ??s effort.  Clayton, NF1R, whoâ??d previously operated from the Harvard
Wireless Club (W1AF), joined the Stanford faculty this fall.  Rebecca, KB0VVT,
who just finished her undergraduate and master's degrees at MIT (W1MX), started
her Ph.D. program in electrical engineering.  They joined W6YX regulars Mike
and Nick, KZ2V. We also benefited from the moral support of Rebecca's parents,
KG0US and KG0UT, who followed the action the whole weekend and were very kind
to pick up a few pies at the local pizzeria.

The current record in the school club category is 203,200 points, set by Mike
from W6YX last year, and we're hopeful that weâ??ll exceed that score after log
checking.   One way we tried to improve our accuracy was to allow operators at
all three rigs to share audio through multiple audio splitters.  With this
flexible â??3 operator, 3 radioâ?? system, during slow operating periods we
were able to check one anotherâ??s copy.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73,
Clayton
NF1R