[3830] SS CW W1WBB SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1WBB SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:57:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:
   80:  113
   40:  211
   20:  157
   15:   89
   10:   90
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Along with the great solar conditions the new Hex beam up on the tower with its
top up at 35 ft certainly helped me on the high bands for this US/VE event.

Achieved the 'sweep' finding VE4YU on 10M (who was quite loud) for section #80
and calling him, after he had called another stn while S & P'ing and had gotten
no answer!  Many thanks OM for a fun moment here!!  Still had over 7.5 hours
left in the contest.  With so few VE4's around I had not been optimistic about
working that last section.  Was called by VE4EAR 3 hours later on 10M while I
was running for MB #2...thanks Ed!

Just as exciting was working VY1EI, 1.5 hours earlier on 10M with a booming
signal from NT, finding him mostly alone after he had apparently just gotten
out from under another spotting pile-up.  **Great job** by Eric doing his best
to work the masses of stations calling him and being apparently the one primary
active NT mult for this SS-CW...his post shows he put in close to the maximum 24
hour effort -- much appreciated by so many of us, Eric!

Last 5 sections worked were OK, DE, UT, NT and finally MB.  Only got 1 DE and 1
NT; only 2 LA, NE, MB and PR.  Thanks as well to the ops activitating KP4.

I struggled a few times with my N1MM logger in ESM mode when dealing with the
SS exchange window...had to give the '.-...' a few times during periods of
operator error.  Sorry for the QLF moments.

Great to hear the many FB sigs (and excellent ops) on the upper bands via the
new beam...should make for a fun contest season here.

A few of us CTRI Contest Group mbrs did our best to make the 'Ocean State' mult
a little less rare again this year.

73,

Bill  W1WBB