[3830] CQWW SSB OH0X(OH2PM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH0X(OH2PM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 09:15:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aland Is
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:  321    10       56
   80:  328    19       73
   40:  658    31       97
   20:  661    38      105
   15: 1091    33      117
   10: 1098    40      117
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

What a fun and what an once in the lifetime chance I mismanaged.
Thanks to the best propagation for years I had maybe the last opportunity in my
lifetime to make a score that I could be remembering when steps get shorter and
nights get longer.
 Ofcourse anything can happen when the CW-operator sits onto the
phone-operators chair. I forgot all the rules learned during the past 53 years
of contesting. After the firs 21 hours and over 2500 QSOs I took a break and
ate, I did eat by far too much. I needed to have a nap and  there after sleep 2
more hours, have another nap and so on and so on.
I never recovered but got only some 15 hundred QSOs on the second day with a
few more multipliers. It was high time to learn this lesson. During the past
few years my XYL has taken care of my nutrition during the contests, watching
that I stretch my cramping legs and gymnast. Unfortunately she cound not join
me this time.
The renewed SO2R station worked perfectly, if anything, it is only the operator
to be blamed.
The openings to Pacific area on 10 where stimulating, after zone 31 in log on
ten the operator was alert and ful of energy,,, for a while. I have to go at
least two cycles back to recall similar openings during a contest.
However, maybe the biggest thrill was to get VE1ZZ into log on 160.

Next I am going to run CQWW CW SOAB with TB-Wires type of setup as TC2X.
Hopefully the weather is good enough to get the low band antennas built on
time. I swear that at least 45 hours actity is to be expected.

Let's all enjoy the future contests each one  within our own capabilities.
Finally I am tempted to quote a former national team long distance runners
statement after a lost game against our dearest neighbour Sweden: " The most
important thing is not to win but the receipts of the daily allowance".
In contesting terms the equal could be "remember to submit your log".

See you in contest, Pertti, OH2PM