[3830] CQWW SSB CR2X(OH2UA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2ua@oh2u.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CR2X(OH2UA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 01:57:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: CR2X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Azores
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  281    14       60
   80:  296    20       70
   40:  941    30       94
   20: 2173    36      117
   15: 2369    37      113
   10: 3095    34      111
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Never thought that I could be disappointed after claiming a new EU record with
over 9000Q's logged. But in propagation like what Mother Nature offered us
during the CQWW SSB weekend, my score just isn't enough. Somehow I totally
failed my multiplier. I knew that I was low on mults most of the time, but just
didn't find a way to push my multiplier to reasonable numbers. I was moving
every possible multiplier, tried to make skeds on low bands, beamed to Africa
and South-America and tried to get something going with 2nd radio. But nothing
helped.

I was well ahead of Jeff's EU record until midway of the contest, but a lot
worse propagation on Sunday made me end up with only a couple of percentage
advantage over Jeff's final score. So most likely I failed my chance to get the
record back to my name.

I was a lot of fun and what a thrill it was to start the contest on 20M with
over 300Q/h instead of fighting in 40M QRM. Never happened before in these
seven (!) years of operating from Azores. (Oh boy, time flies.)

One week after the contest we had bad news from Azores. Someone had broken into
the shack and stolen some stuff from the QTH. Before this we haven't had any
security issues, but from now on it's one thing more on our minds to worry on.

Thank you all for QSO's and congratulations to Ranko & Tonno @403A ;) for
making unbelievable score from Montenegro.

73 de Toni, OH2UA / CU2KI