[3830] CQWW SSB VK4KW M/S QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk4ti@wia.org.au
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VK4KW M/S QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:15:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK4KW
Operator(s): VK4DX, VK4NDX, VK4NM, VK4TI, VK4BAA, VK4SN
Station: VK4KW

Class: M/S QRP
QTH: ESK
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   26    14       18
   40:  197    30       59
   20: 1082    30      100
   15: 1331    35       99
   10: 2742    94       35
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

VK4KW were in the multi-single section this year â?" mainly due to lack of
operators and due to
illness.

For VK4KW, like for most other people, 10m was also the money band. 15m was
not
too far behind
at times, but 40m, 80m, and 160m were awful and noisy.

The storm hitting us meant that we lost some hours as we stopped and
disconnected as much stuff
as we could think of. Obviously, we missed a few things. The strike mustâ??ve
been
very close, as
burnt grass etc could be smelt outside the shack. Better to be alive and not
operating, than deadâ?¦..
Safety first!

A first attempt at M/S for VK4KW. It took a while to get used to instead of
our
usual M/2 â?" very
tempting to run two stations especially when the bands are jumping.

Good to see some splendid scores from VK!!

73,

Phil
VK4BAA / VK4KW