[3830] WAE RTTY K3TN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K3TN Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:28:53 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:    6    6          24
   40:   47   47    10    93
   20:   75   75    89    86
   15:   33   33    20    42
   10:   63   63   120    70
------------------------------
Total:  224  224   239   315  Total Score = 143,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was putting a replacement VFO A encoder in my K3, so mainly operated to test
that out and got hooked since conditions were so good. Each time I do WAE I
grok QTCs a bit more, and figure out a bit more how to use the new features in
N1MM that make it easy, but I should have read the rules - took me a while to
figured out that in RTTY non-EU can receive QTCs, etc.

Had a few decoding oddities: stations would appear to be sending character
strings like WPP for their serial number. I'd ask for a repeat and get WPP
back. I just logged it what way, and then hung around - for the next station,
they sent WPU or some close but different character string. I went to the rules
- didn't see anything about secret bonus stations, so I assume I will just lose
those Qs.