[3830] SS CW W8FN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@tx.rr.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W8FN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:02:44 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WTX
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   74
   40:  257
   20:  326
   15:  183
   10:  147
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Everything worked right this year, with the exception of something
heating up in the SG-235 tuner that feeds the wire inverted L on 80
meters. I invested a lot of time and effort in debugging the station
before contest season this year and it paid off in good performance, at
least on the equipment side. I'm stuck with the bad antenna situation
here on a 0.2 acre city lot.

I've fooled around with SO2R for many years, but never could master the
technique well enough to make it really worthwhile. This year I decided
to seriously wrap my head around the challenge. The result was quite
gratifying, over 100 more QSOs than last year. The N1MM software and the
microHAM MK2R+ made it pretty simple and once I got to where I could
keep the audio streams in the two ears separated I was off.

It sure was good to have 10 meters back. I started there and had a
couple of hours of 70+ rate. I couldn't quite manage a sweep this year
-- missed the NT as usual.

Radios:
K3 with KPA500 amp (set for exactly 150W on each band), FT-1000D.

Antennas:
3 element SteppIR at 30'; 40 meter inverted vee @ 45'; 120' long
inverted L strung between trees, about 25' high; S9V 43 foot vertical
with 3 radials.

73...
Randy, W8FN