[3830] SS SSB K6LL SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6LL SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:41:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:    1
   40:  447
   20:  389
   15:  399
   10:  570
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Official op time is 22 hours, but it was more casual than that, with frequent
breaks to visit with yl, and otherwise keep in touch with the real world.

Just like last year, I tried to hit the high point of the contest, like the
high rate times, and avoid those painful hours of grinding out the lower rates,
or enduring the extreme QRM times, that really mean the difference between
winning and losing. I basically tried to redefine "winning" in this contest as
having fun, and not being a slave to a few position points in the results.
For me, this approach transformed the whole event from pain to pleasure.

It's always fun to keep the SS tradition alive, and hook up with the contest
regulars, especially before the holidays.  Thanks for all the Q's.

73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma