[3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6jeb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:15:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 16:39

------------
  160:    0
   80:   63
   40:   40
   20:   92
   15:   71
   10:   62
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

When I got up on Saturday, a shipment of Murphy had arrived, un-noticed.  When I
opened it up, out it sprang and I really never got a full handle on it.  Suffice
it to say that without my ANC-4 helping get around the noise and relay switching
issue, I wouldn't have had even this few QSOs.

It was really tough to get a run going.  The bands souned like mush throughout
the weekend.  Still there were many fun moments and thank you to each and every
one of you who gave me a QSO, went through crazy lengths to get the exhange
across correctly, and BIG kudos for those who spotted me; it really helps when
you're a little pistol station like mine.

I ran into an issue with some skipped numbers in my log because I was also
monitoring my station log via a network connection on another computer.  My
main computer had Writelog freeze and so when it came back up there were QSOs
with a red D next to them.  After some panicking I realized that as long as I
kept everything in sequence all was OK since my reported score is not related
to the number I gave out.

Still it was a pain, but I learned some cool things about Writelog networking.

73!
Jack, K6JEB

Rig:  Yaesu 857D 100 watts
Amp:  Dentron GLA-1000 500 watts
Antennas:  Cushcraft A3S up 25 feet, Butternut HF9VX Ground Mounted, JPS ANC-4
with longwire for noise elimination.
Logging Software:  Writelog