[3830] SS SSB WK4P Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WK4P Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:03:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WK4P
Operator(s): WK4P
Station: WK4P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: West Jefferson, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  495
   40:  186
   20:  353
   15:  216
   10:    7
------------

Club: Appalachian Contesters

Comments:

I had been waiting for the phone Sweeps since getting the Mosley TA34 installed
in the backyard.  I was hoping it would help my half-acre lot station move up a
bit.  I set a goal for myself of 1200 qs and a sweep, which I thought was doable
but not easy for a station like mine.  I'm thrilled to report that I met my
goal.

The bands seemed to be in good shape this weekend.  The opening of 10 and 15
gave us all some operating room, even if you didn't go there.  The nice thing
about Sweepstakes is there are no MM stations with signals on every band.
Finding a call frequency was fairly easy to do this year.

I still haven't figured out why folks want to park and call 1 khz from me when
I'm calling.  Is my signal so narrow that it doesn't bother them?  Is my signal
that clean?  I know that if they are putting the quiatus on my hearing anyone
then I must be doing the same to them. I culd watch my rate fall when this
happened.  This year however I had a new tactic for dealing with them, and it
seemed to work pretty well for the most part.

I was surprised by all the QRP stations I heard out there.  I don't remember
that many in years past.  I enjoy working the Qs as I consider it a challenge
to pull out the weak stations.  There are times though that it simply ain't
going to happen, and I always feel bad when I just have to tell someone I can't
pull them out.

I also know I need a more comfortable chair.  My back and butt are still
hurting this afternoon :-(

Peace and 73
Adam WK4P