[3830] SS SSB N0JK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0JK Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:22:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   6
   20:   6
   15:
   10:  16
------------

Club:

Comments:

Had to work both days. Was able to get on 10 Meters during a short work break
Sunday afternoon. Used a stock Radioshack CB mag. mount whip on the car (set
for 27 MHz) and my FT-897. High swr, but it seemed to get out. Noted Es to
Texas, and logged NR5M and K5WA in STX. VE8EV and WL7E had huge signals out of
the northwest. 10M is a great band for the low power simple antenna stations.
Got home from work Sunday eve. at 8 pm (0200 utc) and loaded up the "rain
gutter downspout" of our duplex to hand out a few more QSOs on 20 and 40M. Es
to Texas, AL, and KY on 20 with big signals from KM4RO and KC4HW. 40 was noisy
and the gutter antenna not efficient, but handed out 6 more contacts in the
last 15 minutes. N4ZZ TN, K3ZO MDC, K4SSU GA, W7WA WWA, KW8N OH, and K8JQ WV
going in the log right at the end.