[3830] SS SSB K7RL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7RL Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:31:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   51
   40:  478
   20:  515
   15:  545
   10:  500
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Congratulations to big scorers N9RV, KH7X, KL7RA, and W7WA for great efforts.
Aside from losing about an hour of prime operating with a computer/software
problem, I clearly did not spend enough time on 10 meters.  Definitely a big
mistake.

Speaking of 10 meters, it was great to hear so many new hams getting their feet
wet in this contest.  10 meters was the perfect springboard for it and hopefully
it will catch on and grow with this new group.  Admittedly, the dark side of 10m
is overly excited CBers that interject in the middle of a QSO, â??Hey
Washington, you got a copy on central Indiana?â??  Some of these guys are very
persistent.

I tried to work one guy that intentionally gave me his call sign, but refused
to let me help him with the exchange, because as he put it, â??My ego is not so
big that I need to participate!â??  Wait, are really saying that you are better
than contesters in general because all contesting is ego driven?  Hmm, that
sounds like an ego driven comment :-)

Thanks to all for the Qs and Happy Thanksgiving.

73 de Mitch, K7RL