[3830] SS SSB K6GHA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6GHA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:17:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Santa Cruz
Operating Time (hrs): 19:58

------------
  160:   00
   80:   29
   40:   21
   20:   61
   15:  110
   10:  129
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It being so close to Thanksgiving, I have to note a few things that stand out
about this contest.  First, this was my first sweep.  I was able to get this in
the books mid Sunday morning so I was able to relax a bit and have some fun.
Second, it was the first time I made more than a few contacts on 40 and 80m (I
still need that beam for Christmas Santa!). And Last, a few thanks are in order
for those that stuck through pulling out my weak signal (WY7SS, WN8R, K8NV, and
NP4A for completing my sweep!!!). I appreciated their good sportsmanship when
they could have easily gone on to other contacts.  It was nice to see it happen
with some of the other less than stellar activities heard over the weekend.
 I only was able to work 19+ hrs as I was hit with a bout of something that
left me 'in disposed' for the last part of the contest.  I would have liked to
some more contacts to have reached my QSO goal, but the sweep was actually the
high point for me, and I topped my last contest totals. Upward and onward, KB!