[3830] CQWW CW W8MJ SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8MJ SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:33:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ + PACKET
Station: W8MJ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 38.0

  160:   48    10       30
   80:  118    17       60
   40:  492    30      104
   20:  597    36      114
   15:  714    35      130
   10:  367    32      127
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Well the bands are coming back.  This past weekend was a very favorable weekend
and I am sure the scores will refect it. For me on this end, I was some what
limited by the use of the 40 meter beam due to an inoperatble rotor.  I climbed
the tower to check things out and had to manually rotate to about 50 degrees and
lock it down.  Also, had an issue the feedline, right at the hardline connection
with the coax.  Not sure what happened, but had to take the feed line from the
South direction TH7  to feed the 40 meter beam. Glad I did, was still able to
work a 100 + countries.  Even got JA, NH2, VK and ZL off the the back and
corner.  Need to do something better for 80.  Vertical wire does ok but not the
greatest, however, I am still pleased with the 60 countries on it.  Best score
ever for here, but then this is the longest I have operated as well.  Over all
a great time and alot of q's here.  Thanks for all the q's.  Log has been
uploaded to LOTW.

Ken W8MJ