[3830] CQWW CW J6M M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW J6M M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:24:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: J6M
Operator(s): W0MU, G0DVJ, N1NK
Station: J6M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: St. Lucia
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  251    11       31
   80:  586    64       18
   40: 1001    26       98
   20: 1446    33      102
   15: 1654    34      112
   10: 1822     9       96
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Excellent conditions!  One op could not make it and one got sick over the
weekend.  So this was pretty much two guys with two radios.  The J6M call was
difficult for many but it was much better than J6/W0MU etc.

Mults are way down compared to other scores in the area.  We did not realize
just how rare J6 was.  The pileups were huge which probably lead to multipliers
not sticking around.  We did not start chasing mults until the 2nd day.  We
missed some prime time on the lowbands the 2nd night.

We were field day style at the Chateau Devaux on the north end of the island.

Antennas/Equipment

2 ele SteppIR  @20ft
2 ele Hex beam @ 20 ft
40m dipole @ 30ft
160/80/40 trapped dipole @40ft

2 K3's and KPA500's

No receiving antennas hurt the 2nd night when the noise came up with the rain.

We had a couple of computer and equipment glitches.  I am curious to hear how
our signals stacked up against other Caribbean stations.

Thanks to all who worked us!