[3830] CQWW CW SP1NY SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SP1NY SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:15:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SP1NY
Operator(s): MIREK
Station: SP1NY

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: JO84ag
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  181     8       47
   80:  470    18       81
   40:  462    35      121
   20:  411    35      108
   15:  409    34      121
   10:  365    33      119
------------------------------

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

Decided to go LP to see what recent good condx can do.
Also some TVI problems when using PA helps me to make that category choice.
Bands were in good shape, especially upper ones.
Bigest disapointment from 10m. Both mornings 10m was full of signals S9++++
Lot of them were coming from various direction casusing big echo and making
copy almost impossible. The same but in lesser degree was on 15m.
Fortunately this phenomen disapeard in afternoon.
For very first time I was logged to RBN instead of "regular" dx cluster.
Thanks to this could work a solid number of rare mults before violent pileup
rised up. RBN is an amazing tool.
Most of the time S&P, only 160 QSO's made with RUN and 24 QSO's in longest one
hi hi.
Everything was going smooth and fine until sunday noon when wind starts
blowing
and increasing reaching up to 100 km/hr in gusts at evening. At around 19Z was
first power outage restored after 20 min. but only for few minutes and next 3
hours was like this power came and go. This was the end of contest for me
despite I felt that could stay at controls for some more hours.
Anyway I had a great fun, made my best score ever and my antennas survived
high wind.
Thanks to all for QSO.

73, Mirek

Rig: