[3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:05:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 45:45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  263    12       46
   80: 1198    20       80
   40: 1644    27       91
   20: 1422    31       91
   15: 1080    29       91
   10: 1319    27       93
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had one of those great contesting moments on 20 meters with 4 minutes left to
play  when B1Z called in for the double mult. I also had my first 200 hour in
CW CQWW. Most surprisingly, it took place in the 0500 hour day one while dual
CQing on 80 & 160. Having 3 high bands open and spreading out the pileups
allowed higher rates during the day than last year, but inevitably, there are a
few QSOs an hour that take a few fills and kill the hourly rate.

It amazes me how many DXpeditions made 6,000+ QSOs and I never heard them once,
despite tuning the 2nd radio almost the entire contest (well, when the rates are
180+ I can't tune the 2nd radio. However, even at those rates there are times
when no one calls and I can pick up an extra QSO on the 2nd radio.)

Before each CW CQWW I promise myself I will move mults, and then I don't even
try much. I must have had 6 failures. My only successful move was double mult
VQ91JC from 10 to 15 and then to 20.

Except for finding a few more mults, I don't think I can do much better. I was
pleased at the fairly even distribution of QSOs and mults. Murphy did not
visit, the antennas all worked, the operator didn't suffer hallucinations
Sunday afternoon despite only about an hour of sleep.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT